Sharing God’s Love in Our Community
Every day, families and individuals in the Lilburn area go without adequate food, clothing or shelter.
As a Christian ministry, Lilburn Co-op helps meet these needs for families and individuals in Gwinnett County in Lilburn, Stone Mountain and parts of Tucker. We also provide service to all members of supporting churches. Lilburn Co-op is a local non-profit organization that is funded through your tax-deductible donations and sales of donated goods at Lily’s Cloak, our thrift store.
Thanks to wonderful volunteers and generous support from local churches and organizations, Lilburn Co-op has provided a ray of hope to thousands of people in need since our founding in 1994.
Lilburn Co-op News & Announcements:
Seeking Parking Lot Repair/Restriping
The ministry’s parking lot is in dire need of minor repair and restriping. This type of work likely requires previous experience, so if you know of a company or group that might volunteer this work, please contact us by phone at 770-931-8333 or
Kidsignments, We Appreciate You!
Thank you Kidsignments for your donation of children’s clothing, toys and equipment! Your twice-a-year truckload of donations following the Gwinnett Fairgrounds consignment sales make a real difference, allowing us to give clothing to families in need, and raise funds to help families with rent, utility bills and food.
More Thank You Notes...
The cooperative work of the ministry is blessed to have the support of many businesses in our area.
- Thank you to Chick-fil-A for their donation of 10% of the sales from the Kidsignment Sale. We appreciate the support and will use the funds to help stock the food bank.
- Thank you to the Kroger at 1227 Rockbridge Road, and to the manager Mr. J. Walker. You do so much to help our ministry food bank, and through us you help our local community.
- Thank you to the Publix staff at 4045 Five Forks Trickum Road. Your donations to us through United Way make a real difference in our ability to help local families with rent and utilities.
- Thank you to everyone who donated school supplies. This year we helped 430 children with book bags and supplies for their grade level. The children were delighted to receive the new bags! One family with six children that had fled abuse and recently moved to the area received bags, school supplies and clothing for the children. The children were as pleased as if it was their birthday! Many participants in the Gwinnett Fairgrounds consignment sale who had leftover clothing graciously donated it to the ministry; the U-Haul truckload of items continues to help local families in need.
- And a big thank you to Fresh Market who donates food daily to the ministry. The recent food drive they arranged for us was a great blessing, and the food items were some of the most needed for our food bank. Everyone involved makes this such a success and we can’t thank you enough.
Shop at Kroger? Assign Lilburn Co-op as Recipient of Kroger’s Community Rewards
When you designate Lilburn Co-op as your chosen recipient of Kroger’s Community Rewards program, a portion of your purchases will go to support the ministry.
Just sign up and shop at Kroger as you normally would!
Blessed by Providence Christian Academy
Gwinnett’s Providence Christian Academy collected and delivered thousands of food items to Lilburn Co-op to help local families at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Thank you Providence! Here are some photos from the event.
Thank You Chili’s (...and Two Men and a Truck)
Metro Atlanta Area Chili’s Restaurants held a food drive in October that supplied much needed items to the ministry. Read more about (and see photos of) the Chili’s food drive including moving help from Two Men and a Truck.
Looking for a Few Good Men...
Do you know a good man? We really need his help! Help us fulfill our mission by driving one day a week to pick up food. It’s about a 10-mile drive each way. You’ll need a truck, van or SUV, and muscle—some of the boxes are pretty heavy! We need help in this crucial role during the week and weekends.
If you are able to help, please contact Kay at 770-931-8333.
Lily’s Cloak Needs Donated Clothing, Household Items
The ministry is urgently in need of your donations of clothing, toys and other household items to sell in Lily’s Cloak thrift store.
Much Needed: Birthday Boxes for Teens
As parents come in to Lilburn Co-op for assistance, we sometimes discover that one of their children is having a birthday, and we like to give them a “Birthday Box.” These are shoe boxes covered with birthday paper containing one nice gift and some other small items. Today, we have a very low supply—especially for teens.
If you or your small group can help, please collect gifts and other items, make up the boxes and attach a note indicating if it’s for a boy or a girl and what age the gift is appropriate for—we like to supply them to children of all ages. Then deliver them to the Co-op. This will help us tremendously, and will provide a little joy in the life of a child in our community.
Grants Help Us Help Others
Lilburn Co-op is honored by and thankful for grants from Jackson EMC Foundation and Walton EMC Foundation. These grants help us offer assistance to individuals and families in our Lilburn/Gwinnett communities.